To facilitate quality education and to achieve Compulsory primary education 24 pre-matric boys hostels & 27 girls hostels are
functioning under this Directorate with 2550 student beneficiaries/ inmates.
The following facilities are provided in these hostels.
• Students studying from 5th to 10th Std are eligible to get admission.
• Food charges at the rate of Rs. 900/- will be provided for 10 months.
• Free accommodation.
• Two pairs of Uniforms.
• Rs. 200/- for text books & stationary.
• Rs. 300/- for bed sheets once in 3 years.
• Medical Charges, Hair cut charges for boys.
• Rs. 500/- monthly will be paid to 3 part-time teachers in each hostel.
• Supply of newspapers.
To facilitate higher education 39 boys & 34 girls hostels are functioning with 4530 students under this Directorate.
These beneficiaries are provided the following facilities.
• Minority students studying in PUC, Degree & Post graduation Courses & equivalent courses are eligible to get admission.
• Food charges at the rate of Rs. 1000/- per month for ten months.
• Free Accommodation.
• Provision of medical & library Facilities.
Minority students studying in ITI and Diploma Courses after SSLC in Government/aided and unaided institutions are sanctioned stipend at the rate of Rs. 150/- per month per student for 10 months in an academic year.
• The annual income should not exceed Rs. 15000/-
• The student who is getting stipend should have 75% of attendance in a month.
• Criteria for selection is based on merit.
Minority voluntary organizations are running hostels for the benefit of students studying from 5th to 10th Std. These Private hostels
are being supported with a boarding grant Rs. 500 per boarder for 10 months in an academic year. Presently 60 Grant-in-aid pre matric
minority hostels with a strength of 3350 are being supported by the Department.
40 Private aided boys/girls orphanages are functioning under the directorate of minorities with 3569 student beneficiaries.
• Orphan/Destitute children studying from 1 to 10th standard are eligible to get admission in these Orphanages.
• Food charges at the rate of Rs. 350/- per month per boarder for 12 months is given